Re: [Harp-L] Shure 545 question

That's an inner circlip.  You will need 2 very small slotted screwdrivers to
slowly work that pin out.  The pin has one raised tab on both ends and
that's the part where you think it's a screw.  You have to reach under the
black head grill to gently pull that circlip away from the grill to get the
raised tabs out from that small hole......BE Careful of the yellow tape that
covers the coil wires.  Once you get that clip away then just be careful
when working it around.  If you damaged the hair sized coil wires then you
will have to be very very skilled in thermal expansion to resolder those
coil wires.  It is not easy, but I've done it many times to get them up and
running.  I bought one on ebay for 4 dollars once and fixed it and resold it
for 96.40....ten minutes and a wopping 90+ bucks profit.

good luck!