  From: sam blancato
  To: Harp-L
  Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 3:33 PM
  Subject: [Harp-L] Help!

  I'm with Anthony and Bill on this all that way and no 50% either.  If you
  can't do the basics - know when to play and not to play, how to do fills and
  have some basic chops - then stay off the stage.  The idea that you have to
  play out in front of an audience or you'll never get the experience is too
  simple a rationalization.  There's plenty you can do on your own to prepare
  for playing live with other musicians.  And you'll be doing harp players
  everywhere a favor.  Nothing can clear a room like a bad harp payer.

  Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh