Re: [Harp-L] teaching scam

Too much time on your hands? Wanna scam the scammers?
Open an email dialogue, ask them where they heard about you - even ask them what instrument they wish to learn (notice how generic the description is about music lessons), tease them but fall short of giving them your info and ask them for more info about themselves. Receive the check from them and tell them that it was too little and that they will have to send you more moneys, etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: michael rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Emile Damico <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, Jun 25, 2009 1:26 pm
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] teaching scam

Yeah, they've tried to scam me before.  The idea is you will receive a
bad money order  for more than you ask for, you are supposed to cash
it and give them the difference.  They dissapear, your bank figures
out you slipped them a bad money ordewr and you are responsible.
Michael Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com

On 6/25/09, Emile Damico <oatss_oatflakes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This looks like other scams I've heard about.
>
> Hello,
> Good day to you over there, I need a tutor lesson for my son (Cole), i got
your advert while surfing through the internet and i really want my child to be
taught by you... Cole is 15 year old and easily catch up...So i will like you to
get back
> to me the following detail:
>

> 1.CHARGE FOR AN HOUR....
> 2.TOTAL CHARGES FOR 2 MONTH THAT HE WILL BE TAUGHT 3 TIMES PER WEEK..
> 3.FULL NAME.....
> 4.HOME ADDRESS...
> 5.YOUR CELL PHONE NUMBER...
> 6.YEARS OF EXPERIENCE.....
>

> My mode of payment will be by CHECK OR MONEY ORDER .willing to read from you
as soon as possible ,,,,God bless you