From: "David Fertig" <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:28 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: ERIFAHS whiskey test - Harmonica Abuse!

Dr. Payne,

As chief investigator for the Society for Prevention of Reckless Abuse of
Harmonicas I must take issue with your test and results, culminating in the
slow, cruel death of a harmonica - and on a personal note, the fruitless
dissipation of whiskey.

My own guilt from harmonica abuse drives me, I concede. The countless harps
I (gasp!) RUINED by a brief but temporarily cleaning soak and swish in
whatever whiskey or other booze I could cadge. Oh, my... Sure, they'd play
better for a while with their gunk slightly washed away, but like a sad wino
on the street, each drink for the harmonica led inexorably to the need for
more, until finally their teeth were sticking out like a British bobby's,
and they'd cut anyone who tried to kiss-em.

Of course this led me to all sorts of monstrous, vengeful abuses: I've tied
'em to railroad tracks to be obliterated, madly bent them like forsaken
Gumbies until they could no longer scream, and sometimes simply hurled them
into various waiting rooms, baby carriages and paddy wagons. Oh! The horrors
I've caused!

LIke S.Carolina Governor Sanford, I apologize for my past transgressions and
seek forgiveness, and unlike Sanford, I actually mean it. I have not abused
a harmonica since the 70's, except by playing it!

But even in my darkest days, I never, EVER, left one soak for fifteen
minutes, let alone left a cruelly soaked harp unplayed for months at a time.
Oh, the loneliness and longing for human touch it must have felt all those
weeks of abandonment. I beg of you, Doctor (aptly named) Payne, join me and
cease your horrible, cruel experiments!

-Dave "Sorry, guv!" Fertig

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx <harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx>