[Harp-L] new member

Hi folks,

I'm new to the list so I'll start out with a question:  I was wondering if there is the option of reading and posting to harp-l online?  Also I understand there are archives - where would I find them?  Thanks in advance.

I'm not much of a player but recently got a Seydel deluxe tuned to an augmented tuning, and have been trying to get a feel for it.  I chose that tuning because it seems one of the most 'symmetrical' in the sense that all keys are equally easy (or hard if you are me) to play in.   My attempts are pretty sad but I'm staying entertained.

Inspite of my poor showing musically I've got a real interest in developing a harp  that is fully chromatic in chords as well as melody - it has been on my back burner for decades.  Discovering Pat Missin's online patent collection was a great find.  Looking at those patents (and others) really got me thinking and in the last 8 or 9 months I've made a lot of progress.  I'm very enthused and hoped to find a few folks with similar interests on harp-l.

So, if any of you are interested in novel harmonicas or know of anyone currently working along these lines, please let me know.  Thanks.

Doug