[Harp-L] Re: blown out harps

The complete Big Walter quote on p. 56 of Tom Ball's book concerns the
recording of the song "Easy":

"In Escott and Hawkins' book Sun Records--The Brief History, Big
Walter recalled, 'We cut that thing in three or four takes but my box
started screechin' and we had to cut it.  I played real loud on that
one.  I like to play loud.'"

If BW was talking about his amp feeding back on that session, then was
he talking about how he liked to turn his amps up loud, rather than
how hard he played the harmonica?

Too bad we can't ask him if he's been quoted out of context :-).

Stephen Schneider