[Harp-L] Sonny Jr. Amps

Gary,

The pink noise was from my FM tuner and I ran wires from the speaker outputs
to the amp via 1/4" jack - 6 hours with a break and then 6-7 hours more.  I
was told it didn't have to be loud, but the volume was up 1/2 the time.  The
neighbors didn't complain, so I guess if the heard it they thought it was an
improvement over my playing.  Who else artificially breaks in speakers?  I'd
heard of people doing it, but never had the need because my amps were always
vintage when I got them.  I can only tell you that my rhythm guitar player
has done it for sure, and he's had lots of amps over the years.

I had a note back from Gary Onofrio that said, "it makes no difference to do
that to these speakers, as I had the 12" moderately doped which gives it
that broken in sound, and eliminates any chance of cone cry which happened
initially. The two 8" speakers sound just like 8's should. They are
balanced. One for lows, one for highs, and the 12 takes care of every
frequency. this took two years of getting the exact speaker combination..."
So I don't know whether I achieved anything.  I wasn't really concerned
about the speakers after having played the amp for a couple of hours, but
rituals are important in the world of musician mojo, so it was worth the
effort just in case.

Further on up the road,

Kevin

 <mailto:bluesntrouble@xxxxxxxxx> bluesntrouble@xxxxxxxxx