[Harp-L] Buddha Harp Review from Zack Pomerleau

   I just received my first Buddha Harp in the mail, direct from Chris
Michalek. No words can describe the greatness of this harmonica. The
harmonica I received is a Marine Band. All of the cover plates have been
rounded down perfectly and everything has been polished. Mine was sent with
a beautiful red comb. I am calling this my Magenta harmonica because the
comb is definitely magenta colored. I must say, I was incredibly impressed
when I first saw this comb because it was so shiny. I was not expecting this
shine. It was beautiful to see it, and now it's STILL beautiful.
   Of course, you guys want to know how it plays...Well, mine was set-up
INCREDIBLY tight as I am an aspiring Jazz artist/musician. The first thing I
noticed was the beautiful chords. This is tuned to equal temperament but I
tell you those chords still sound AWESOME. The harmonica is incredibly loud,
moreso than I would have though, and it is incredibly bright. It is not
shrill either, it is simply loud and the notes are clear and defined. There
is no problem with diction, and your ability to produce different dynamics
is amazing.
   I do work on my own harmonicas, and I am lucky if I can have one hole
that is as good as this one. The overblows are simply amazing, and the
bending of overblows are even more incredible. The overdraws are also
extremely easy, and I can even bend the seven (haven't tried the others). I
own a Harrison Harmonica in A, and that is a thrasher harmonica. You could
kill that thing. This does not need that. It is loud with the slightest
breath force. It is easier to play and is also beautiful, too. Intonation is
a big thing I am working on right now, and hitting notes correctly on the
Buddha is much easier as it is so easy to bend. E-mail Chris at
groovygypsy@xxxxxxxxx and ask him about his prices. Here is a video review
also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVPZOZY4clk

   So, final words on the harmonica...IT'S THE BEST! Chris Michalek rules!
And, you know you want the free lesson :)

   Sincerely,
   Zack.