From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Wolf Kristiansen
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2009 10:36 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] Raising or Tilting Your Amp

On a whim, I recently purchased an amp stand-- the kind that raises the
amp a few inches off the floor and also tilts it toward your ears
(assuming you play in front of your amp). I haven't used it on stage
yet, though I've tried it at home. Not sure what to make of it, or if
I've heard enough to say it makes a difference.

Feedback is not an issue for me, though I can see for some, it would be.
You're aiming your amp towards your microphone.

I would think that it would tame an overly bassy amp or microphone,
since the bass reinforcement that comes from bouncing the sound off the
floor wouldn't be as pronounced.

Here's my question. Does anyone else use these stands as part of their
harmonica amplification setup? What are the advantages? What are the
drawbacks?

Cheers,

wolf kristiansen