re: [Harp-L] endorsements

When it comes to endorsements for HarpGear I have always provided amps for cost to pros as I wanted to be sure that they liked the amp enough to have an investment in it.  When Charlie Musselwhite played the HG30 he offered to buy it and I sold it to him for cost.  I knew he was going to appreciate the amp and use it and it showed the quality of his character.  He knew the value of my time and effort as I knew his and we equally rewarded each other.  The same goes for Jason Ricci, Adam Gussow, John Nemeth and so on.  No one has ever received their first amp free from me but they have gotten the amps for cost.  I have seen many players out there who get free amps and don't appreciate them and even crack about how they make better footstools.  A player with some investment in the product really believed in the product.  At least enough to part with some hard earned cash.

If a player is directly responsible for selling amps based on it being seen and talked about at their gigs I will often times give them a 2nd amp for a greatly reduced cost or free.  So if you ever see my amp at a gig with any player it was paid for and if the player endorses it it is because they believe in it and it was not because it was free.  I only bring this point up because too often I think that the players out there who see pros think everything is handed to them.  This isn't always the case and a lot of pros have a great respect for the people who are out there working hard to make them great gear.  I have had pros who offered to play my amps if they are free and it was hard to say no but I really do feel it means a lot more if the player has some investment in the product.  Almost every pro who wanted to play a HarpGear ultimately ended up buying one.  I think that is a testament ot the product, especially when they can get other amps for
 free.  Stay tuned for an announcement on a few new endorsements from HarpGear coming soon.

Thanks!
Brian