[Harp-L] Amp You Gotta try.

First let me tell you about Dale the harp amp Doctor in Greensboro NC. You can find out all his info at djlservice.com or at megatoneamps.com. I purchased the original Harpking amplifier from Rod Piazza back in 2001. When it was shipped to me, FedEx nearly destroyed this priceless piece of art.  I took it to several amp techs who were killer at guitar amps but the Harpking blew there minds. I repaired it myself to some extent along with Tim HotRod Hughes. Sadly, the amp was never the same.

  Then comes a call from Rupert Oysler who met through my guitar player in Brevard he tells me about a Harp amp he is having built and he wants me to go and check it out. He said Dale and Mike with Megatone Amps are the real deal. AND Dale should have no problem repairing my Harpking. (I know your thinking why didn't he just ship the amp to Kinder?) After my shipping nightmare if I can't drive it there it ain't going.

  I went over to meet with Dale and he looked over my amp and said he would call me in a couple of days meanwhile I tried out the WEZO 45 combo that was waiting delivery to Rupert.

  I magine if you will, plugging your favorite super hot mic into an amp with the bass, middle, and treble all at the half way point and you've got a KILLER tone. I knew then this was set up for harp. I played around for a while and fell in love.

 Dale called me the very next morning and had fixed the first harpking so we set up a time to come back and do a side to side comparison along with Mike Wesolowski.

  I'll send more about that magical night on another post. I will be adding a Wezo 45 to my arsenal I'll leave it at that. I am going to keep my pair of kings too.

 By the way, Dale can also modify the amp you are using now. I played through a Kalamazoo bass amp that he did a mod to. It was so sweet when I started playing. It sounded like my favorite premier amp and then he started turning these magical hidden knobs until the amp was runnig wild. I'm still in shock at what the man can do to an amplifier. Do yourself a favor and set aside some time to check these guys out.

Sorry about the rambling it's hard to put this much emotion down on a keyboard.

Eddie

harpin1@xxxxxxxxxxx

myspace.com/harpin1

Bing™  brings you maps, menus, and reviews organized in one place.   Try it now.