RE: [Harp-L] endorsements

Tom, I agree with you. The Meteor is a great amp.  I found that for me I
couldn't get the clarity and note separation I wanted from it w/o going thru
the meat channel...but when going thru the meat channel I couldn't get the
fuller bottom end response I loved on the Meatier side! For the many players
out there looking for straight Chicago sound, it would be a tough amp to
beat. Again, personal preference makes the world go round!  I s/w Scott
numerous times and he was awesome.  I didn't buy my Meteor from him, I
bought it second hand and he still spent time with me like I had purchased
directly from him.  I'd love to play on both of the smaller versions of the
SJ and the Meteor as I haven't had the chance to play on either!

In addition to the harp specific amps I own and have owned, I have a 1962
concert, a 1955 Tweed Super and a 1960 tweed champ.  Two places I frequently
play around town are totally different!  One is a big wood barn type club
that makes most amps struggle and the Concert shines there, the Super gets
swallowed up.  The other place is long and narrow with low ceilings and the
concert overpowers the room at higher volumes and sounds too clean at really
low volumes but the super gets the job done there...the champ is great at
home!!

I also have the Kinder AFB.  Great device and makes many of these amps more
user friendly for harp than ever before but this is what really proved to me
that to have more of one you lose some of the other!  It's hard to have
something that is both clean and dirty. Open and compressed.  That's where
the "it's the Indian not the bow" comment comes in and sets things straight.
BUT, it isn't just the Indian either!  There are long and short bows for
different applications.  Can a great Indian get a great shot out of any bow?
Most certainly.  Can a great Indian get an accurate 200 yard shot out of a
bow that was designed for 50 yards? Doubtful. Again, none of these are "one
size fits all" and equipment does make a huge difference in final tone and
the ability to control or shape same.