Re: [Harp-L] re: Reed "profile"

Let me through another dimension in here. I've done quite a bit of
embossing recently on GMs and found that I will often more easily get
reed/reed slot contact in the middle of the slot. My impression is
that this happens with less embossing than at the tip.

Because of this, it has occurred to me that either the reed is
slightly wider in the mid point side to side than at the tip (the reed
doesn't have perfectly parallel sides) or the reed slot doesn't have
parallel sides. Again I'm referring to Golden Melodies.

Thoughts?