[Harp-L] The Kinder AFB+

First, let me say thanks to those of you that offered to sell me a Kinder
AFB+, and to those that said, "Just send him a check- you'll get the box."
Well, I got John on the phone briefly and sent my check out.  The box came
today, two weeks to the day. So, here is my experience:

I play with a bullet 520DX that has been modified to accept a screw on type
and a nice solid volume switch (thanks Dennis O!!).  The element is stock.
I'd been learning the ways of amplification using a 5W Fender Champ-- and
mic'ing it through a PA when playing out.  Last Fall I bought a Fender Blues
Jr, having read plenty of pros and cons.  Nice little amp, but couldn't get
it do anything but natural tones w/o serious feedback.  I down tubed it to
death, put on an opti-stomp, and generally never turned it up.... THEN, I
started reading about the Kinder AFB+.  I knew it cost about as much as my
Blues Jr, but I figure I can use it with any amps that are in my future.

I opened the box today. I read the instructions.  Before I went into my
first experiment, I "up-tubed" my amp back to 12AX7's (except one 5751).  I
plugged in the AFB+, still skeptical-- praying my $360 gamble was going to
pay off... I calibrated, then slowly experimented.  The gain went up a
little, then the master, then the gain, then the master.... my nerves on
edge... into scary territory.  Verdict?  This thing absolutely rocks!!! My
little Blues Jr is a monster now!! Awesome tone!  Awesome volume!!.  Just
rips.  Best part is, I can put the gain where ever I want it for tone, then
put the master low or high... It all sounds great.

Thanks John Kinder.  You are an absolute wizard.  I'm not worthy.