Re: [Harp-L] SPAH: HARP AMP COMPARISONS- Yes or No?

Just a reminder that if you are going to test harp amps and maybe discuss what goes into a great harp amp build, Skip Simmons lives just outside Sacramento. He's well know for his PA amp remodels and has been Rick Estrin's amp tech, among others, for years.
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Fertig" <drfertig@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 06, 2009 10:36 AM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] SPAH: HARP AMP COMPARISONS- Yes or No?

To our SPAH "maniacs in the middle/convention coordinators":

Ought we bring an array of amps for direct a/b/c comparisons?

In the spirit of, "S/he who proposes the work needs be ready to do it" I would be willing to coordinate who's bringing what typer.model amp, assuming a room in the hotel could be made available for some time to conduct the "testing" at volume (a back line would be fun but perhaps distracting, complicating, and unnecessary).

Anyhow, it would be great to be able to do a/b/c comparisons of various cool amps (and mics, effects), fun too. I don't see any value in video/audio recording of it, but doubtless some would.

I could bring my HG 30 and Jason's old backup 59RI Bassman but I only would if people are serious about comparisons and nobody else in or nearer to Sacto would bring one (it's a 7 hour drive from Pasadena, and if we are carpooling space may be at a premium). I could also bring my 4 watt Alamo, if people want to compare small úns.

Say What, SPAH Maestros?

-Dave "Too Much Time on My Hands" Fertig