[Harp-L] Article on Electronic Effects and the Harp Player

Randy Landry, owner of the Lone Wolf Blues Company has kindly donated an article titled "Electronic Effects and the Harp Player" to my Harmonica Academy library.

Randy is harmonica player who has applied his professional electronics experience to developing effects pedals for harmonica players. The guitar pedals we normally use, designed for guitar inputs and sounds, generally lead to compromises which Randy's pedals avoid. His article explains this in greater detail.

"Since sixteen year old Christian Buschmann invented the modern harmonica in 1821, harmonica players have been using effects to enhance and add color to their tone. Tongue blocking, articulation and hand cupping were there in the beginning and are still at the heart of harmonica playing today. In this article we will consider the role electronics has played in effects for the harmonica player and guidelines on choosing devices...."

The remainder of the article is at

http://www.harmonicaacademy.com/categories/20090601_1

Tony Eyers
Australia