Re: Subject: Re: [Harp-L] more on neophyte Jazz Jams at SPAH 2009

Elizabeth -

This is an excellent suggestion. However, it further suggests the need for a dedicated room, so that you could set up mics and a small PA system, space for participants and facilitators to hang out and give and receive feedback, etc - away from a noisy hallway, which may be find for casual jamming but not for the more intensive -- but very valuable -- approach you describe. (While a live guitarist or other accompanist would be desirable to help participants learn to communicate with the band, BIAB or other non-live accompaniment might also work).

I'm not sure whether room space is available for this, given all the seminars, etc., but it's worth looking into.

Winslow

Winslow Yerxa