[Harp-L] RE: Big guys/Little guys

It's a fact that for tadpoles to become frogs...they have to survive through
the tadpole stage. The same concept applies to
businesses. Small businesses desiring to become big businesses have to earn
their reputation through customer satisfaction and
quality service.

Over the years, companies have come and gone. Some, due to new ownership
that simply doesn't apply the successful tactics the prior
owners did, and others due to competition -- getting bested by others who do
a better job at those satisfaction/quality parameters.

I've found that often the best customer satisfaction and quality service
comes from those small companies desiring to become big
companies. The standout companies in this small group get the most notice
and grow. To summarily lump all small companies together
and suggest only trading with the big guys is simply lacking in reason. One
problem with one small company and all the small companies
get the same indictment? Ludicrous.

To the contrary, I've often found the big guys to fall short on the
satisfaction/quality marks. Go into most of the aforementioned (by
the original poster) big guy stores and gauge their knowledge of harmonicas.
Short of knowing the name brands, that's about all you
may get.

Finally, I recall a single transaction with Coast 2 Coast Music. They met
and exceeded my expectations for satisfaction and quality
service by great lengths. As a result, I'm sure there will be more
transactions with them in the future.

Bill Otten