Re: [Harp-L] Harp Depot

I've had bad experiences with the big guys. In my experience they are the ones who want the money fast. They will take your cash then tell you its out of stock wait a month.

On the other hand I've ordered from dave at elk river and have nothing but nice things to say about that. I come from a pretty populated area with lots of big box stores and ill go out of my way to avoid them. Unless I'm buying diapers. I find smaller stores are a lot more accomidating and will bend over backwards to make the customer happy. That's about it.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Payne <dmatthew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 07:12:18
To: Harp L Harp L<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Harp Depot

What happened Stan? 99 percent of the posts I remember you posting, besides the famous post about what people could eat, were plugs for Lil' Harp House, lately it's been musician's friend plugs, with LHH no longer around to plug.
As a true little guy, Harp Depot is, by no means, what I'd call a little guy. You think otherwise about the little guys, that's cool. Whatever. I have no problem with that. Takes all kinds to make the world go round the sun.

But the thing you said about Scott (of Harphouse) being only about getting money fast, getting product out slow really threw me.  Especially on harmonicaclub, I've heard nothing but good and after good from you about Harphouse, so much it borders on spam, you were consistently plum flutterated they gave stuff for free, were great guys, were reliable, answered all your questions, were there to help people, had a big sale so people could get harps before the Hohner price increase, etc.
That's your words, not mine. I am, understandably perplexed.

Dave
www.elkriverharmonicas.com