Re: [Harp-L] Audix Fireball Questions/ART Tube MP

I recently picked up an ART Tube MP preamp which I use with my Fireball V going into a board (also worked well when I tried the Fireball>Tube MP>small tube amp.)  Using the Fireball>Tube MP>sound board,  the tube MP functions as both an impedance matcher and a DI box... and, you connect the Fireball to the tube MP via Lo-z (hi- z connection is there too,) then, you can connect to the board using either lo-z (xlr) or hi-z (1/4") passing the same strong signal (I'm in a band with 5 people and we often use no bigger than a 6/8 channel board, so the lo/hi-z connection option is very valuable when xlr board channels start becoming scarce.)  I find the tone I'm able to get using the tube MP to be warm and round through the board or an amp. When going through an amp using the fireball, I can adjust the mic input/output levels on the tube MP to add a little overdrive/crunch if desired.

To conclude, IMO, the fireball v and art tube MP are a very nice combination for pleasing tonal variety and functionality.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/ART-Tube-MP-Studio-Mic-Preamp?sku=180581

Jim.

>>> Tony Eyers <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> 7/29/2009 2:39 PM >>>
Richard - You've probably answered this question before. But anyway...
Do you use an impedance converter with the Fireball V, or do you plug it
directly into the Digitech 350?

Tony Eyers
Australia
www.HarmonicaAcademy.com