[Harp-L] New Era of SPAH Conventions

The beauty of the harmonica is that it is the "everyman" of instruments.  If I wish to derive pleasure from it,  I can just play it.  I don't need a band, a club or a convention-just me and my harmonica.  Some people go to the conventions to be stars; some, to learn from others; some, just to listen and have a good time; and some, to meet other players.

Some harp players are loners-it's part of the mystique of the instrument.  But if you want to be with like-minded people, the harmonica club is the place to be.  I've asked before in a previous posting why so many of you out there are not members of SPAH or other clubs.  Didn't get much of a response.  Do you know how difficult it is just to form a club, have people attend regularly and attract new members, never mind hosting a convention?  If you haven't tried, give it a whirl.  I wish you great success and maybe one day I can attend a SPAH convention in your home city.

This is an unabashed plug for SPAH.

Manfred Wewers