[Harp-L] re: Spah Convention Locations

I see this thread is growing. I am new to the SPAH team so I have little
depth of knowledge to many of the how's and why's on many things. The one
thing I have to say from my early experience here on the BOD is that many
things  can look a lot easier from the outside than the inside. Someone
mentioned hotel guarantees. Good point. These decisions are ten's of
thousands of dollars. They don't just make a hundred dollar deposit for the
local VFW hall and roll the dice! As a non profit, financial decisions and
commitments are very sensitive issues. There are a number of these types of
decisions that have to be made. Please remember this is a NON PROFIT
Organization run by volunteers for 46 years. Besides the financial decision
the logistics of running a fairly smooth convention are not easy either.
Remember that almost every decision made that will please someone will most
likely piss someone else off. If any of these matters really matter to any
of you I suggest supporting what exists now as best you can and throw your
name in as a volunteer in some way. It all starts with being a paid member
of SPAH. I might also suggest that interested folks attend the general
meeting that takes place on Saturday morning at the convention. This is a
forum where members can speak there mind in person.

FYI: SPAH has over 800 members. We just had an election of officers this
year. No new candidates participated. Not many votes were cast.

WB
--
Warren "Bee" Bachman
SPAH Publicity Director