Re: [Harp-L] jonathan edwards

Rich,

I just listened to these songs this morning, so I could update my iTunes comments for the song and harp keys...

Athens County: this song doesn't seem quite in pitch... I adjusted it using Audacity -2.0 percent to get it in the key of G (C harp in 2nd).
Shanty: Key of G (C harp in 2nd)
Don't Cry Blue: Key of G (C harp in 2nd)
Train of Glory: Key of C (F in 2nd)

Other songs that I mentioned yesterday...

Travelin' Blues: Key of G (C in 2nd)
Have Yourself A Good Time For Me: Key of F (Bb in 2nd)
Rollin' Along: Key of A (D in 2nd)
Thirthy Miles To Go: Key of G (C in 2nd)
Sugar Babe: Key of C (F in 2nd)

I suppose you would classify his music as country or folk.

Jonathan pretty much always plays in a rack while playing guitar, and is probably one of the best rack players that I've ever heard (along with Jimi Lee, Hans Olson, and Danny Brooks).  Not sure what harps he uses, but from the YouTube videos they look like Hohner Special 20's, but these days he probably plays othere models, just like the rest of us.

He will always be one of my favorite musicians.

Ken H in OH