RE: [Harp-L] J. Geils Band May 31st, 1973

Whammer Jammer isn't a cover.  "Juke Joint Jimmy" is a pseudonym they used
when the whole Geils band wrote something.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Mox Gowland
Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2009 5:51 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] J. Geils Band May 31st, 1973

this weeks offering from Wolfgang's Vault :

This recording of the J. Geils Band was captured at the Academy of Music in
New York City on May 31st, 1973 for the King Biscuit Flower Hour. The show
took place a little over a month after the quintet released their third
studio album, Bloodshot, a record that reached #10 on the Billboard Pop
Album charts.

The band is in fine form, opening up with the leadoff track from the
aforementioned Bloodshot. "(Ain't Nothin' But A) House Party" is an upbeat,
bluesy rocker, that is a sign of things to come. They head straight into a
cover of Juke Joint Jimmy's "Whammer Jammer.".

http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/dt/j-geils-band-concert/20052260-3087.htm
l?utm_source=NL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=090724

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/user/hokumsheik

Française
http://www.myspace.com/mox_gowland
http://www.myspace.com/newhokumsheiks

English
 http://www.myspace.com/moxgowland
http://www.myspace.com/newhokumshieks

Française / English / Polski / Deutsch / Magyar
http://harmopoint.com