Re: [Harp-L] Percussion for Acoustic Blues Duo

Rick Davis <bluesharpamps@xxxxxxxxx> asks:

What is your favorite percussion instrument for an acoustic blues duo... for
the harp player when he's not playing harp. Or, playing harp on a rack?
How about rhythm bones, spoons, or even hambone?

Gimme that old time rhythm! 8^)

I also like Bodhran even outside traditional Celtic music. Stricken with glancing blows from the tipper a good Bodhran player can almost whisper a beat.

If those won't work for ya, how about a stomp board or something like Madcat's high-hat stand with a chunk of wood instead of cymbals?

A good tambourine player can cover the gamut of musical genres with class. There's a million little gourds, clackers, shakers and other hand percussion instruments.

My experience is that a player who can provide a tasteful beat in an acoustic setting can be a valuable asset.

Michelle