[Harp-L] Re: D.I. Box

OK.  I have a Para D.I. that I use with my acoustic guitars.  I haven't used
it with harp, but I'll get it out of my acoustic gig case and put it with my
gig cage for the weekend trip.  Normally I use a vintage bullet hi-Z into a
guitar type amp Hi-Z input and then mic the amp with a SM57 or SM58 with
balanced Lo-Z cable to the PA snake. Harp Gigging with a Kalamazoo2 is
travelling light, and a SM58 stick mic doesn't take much space in the case.
This weekend I'm taking the 68 Super Reverb too.  54 RI Strat,  61ES-125TC,
& Homebrew Telebasturd (81) w/ vintage 65 Tele guts.  Mostly a guitar
playing gig for me this time.

I think I'll try the Para DI with the bullet and into an XLR Lo-Z to the PA
just to see what happens.  I'm guessing alot of hot drive from the vintage
CM in the bullet, but no vintage tube crunch and rectifier sag like the
vintage tube amps give.  Oh, and the vintage AlNiCo 40 year old speakers.

I saw a RP-350 on the Orlando Craigslist recently for $60.  Hmmmm.

But plugging a Strat into that and DI into the PA just isn't the same as
plugging the vintage Fender guitar into the vintage Fender amp.

Luddite?

Yes!

But I'm still going to try the DI and see what it sounds like.

PEACE
Splash
Oh, BTW... 38 S&W SPL Airweight fits nicely in my case. <grin>