[Harp-L] Pelican Cases?

In my short life as a harp player, I graduated from the Hohner Mississippi Saxophone case (kinda cool looking, but fibers that can get caught in reeds, limited space, shoddy construction) to a generic tool case from lowes or home depot that someone posted here (aluminum, with dividers, very shoddy construction - handle fell off dropping case to the parking lot, shoulder strap broke twice).

I liked the latter since it was versatile - I could re-arrange the dividers or some foam to fit what I was using the case for at that time. I don't always put in the same "stuff". For example if I'm traveling somewhere without my amp I would put in my Digitech RP250 and related "stuff'. If I was traveling with the amp to the jam, I would leave out the RP250 and bring more mics/cables.

So my idea was to have multiple pick and pluck foam inserts that were set up for whatever usage I had planned each week. Just put in the right insert and there would be spots for all my stuff. I played around with this some with the lowes case but didn't want to go so far since it was falling apart and I knew I'd have to get something else soon.

Someone posted on harptalk a link to a case for telescope accessories with pick and pluck foam and it looked good, inexpensive at $50 but the additional foam inserts I'd want were $21. I searched for another source for those and came across the replaceable foam inserts (including pick 'n pluck) for just a few bucks at http://www.foamerica.com. Nice!

But while I was there, I saw they carry the Pelican cases that are used by EMTs, military, SCUBA, etc. These are rugged, lightweight cases that can take a tremendous beating without damaging their goods, rated to be airtight underwater at 50 meters for 30 minutes (longer for some), they also float in case you are gigging on water. They have a "case calculator" on the pelican site www.pelican.com. The medium or laptop ones look good, but if you really need space (and want to freak out a few guitar players) check out the weapons cases.

So I'm thinking, why would I *not* want one of these? Is anyone using them or have any bad experiences with them?

Thanks, Bill