[Harp-L] RE: Tony Glover

Yes, I'm one of the thousands that had a copy of an early edition (the purple cover) of Tony's book and I got mine around 1970. It got me started, and interested enough to search out a teacher (sheer luck, it turned out to be Rick Epping, who was giving basic classes at McCabe's in Santa Monica). There was also an LP recording with the same cover on Folkways that I remember finding at the library years later (and long after it would have done me much good) with some of the exercises covered. Probably not worth the trouble to track down the book or LP at this point since so much more information is available elsewhere. Pat Missin does a very good job of talking about this book at his website and corrects some of the published information also, which is nice since no "revised" editions of have ever done anything about that ( I think the only notable change in editions was going from a photograph on the cover to a drawing). It certainly deserves a place in "harp history" for being the first of it's kind. First time I heard of Little Walter, Sonny Boy 2, Jimmy Reed etc. was in this book.