Re: [Harp-L] Tony Glover

On Jul 19, 2009, at 1:02 AM, <wrosebush@xxxxxxxxxxx> <wrosebush@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

How Many out there Have the TONY GLOVER BOOK ? Mine Cost$3.95 Oak publication. I first learned to play harp in mainly first position but the Glover book Opened the Door. He Was up in the twin city"s At the goodtime cafe ? Last I Knew?
_
I think it was written in the mid 60s, maybe 65? or so. I was fresh out of the navy. I have a copy kicking around somewhere. Must have cost me all of $2.95. Well worth the price. Never DID hear much about him. I thought he was a southerner, but he wasn't.

Delbert MClinton was another story. I think he had just sat in on 'Hey Baby' (maybe 1961), and I saw him at a joint in Shreveport. I think he was from E. Texas? Didn't hear much about him either since then. Now that we have the internet, it's easier to not 'Loose' these great guys.

smokey-joe