Re: [Harp-L] Re:First Marine Band Prices

On Jul 18, 2009, at 3:02 PM, Mike Rogers wrote:

Warren Bee wrote:
I used to take the train from Long Island into the city and head to Time
Square (1973ish time frame) This was music store paradise with Manny's being
the "mecca" . There was store on West 43rd called terminal music. The guy
would sell me 3 marine bands for 10 bucks and change. Ahhhh, the good ol'
days :-)

WB

I remember buying some Marine bands at Manny's, in 1972. they were $2.50 apiece.

bullfrog
_
That was a good price, and less than they were selling for. But then Manny was probably Jewish. I always found them to be honest. One day the church ran out of candles and the nun sent me to 'Ole Man Marx's' store. He had 3 boxes. He charged me 5c a candle for the first 2 boxes, and 6c for the third box because he said that the 3rd box was new stock at the new price.

That's the way people were back then. They were real people. Nowadays they IMMEDIATELY charge you the new price even if the stock is from the old price.

smo-joe