Re: [Harp-L] how much was a marine band when you started?

Joe wrote:
In 1969...$3.88.

My feeling is that any store that was selling for under these prices was doing it at a loss and only for the convenience of having them on hand in case someone was browsing.

I doubt Manny's was selling them as a loss-leader. They just had incredible bargaining power because of the volume they were selling at. They undercut everybody in NYC on price.

After they moved to the new location they were paying a dollar per year rent, and could afford to undercut even more than before.

The general price for MB's in 1969 around NYC was under 3 bucks.