[Harp-L] turbolids on golden melody and marine band turbolid adaptor

file the rounded sides of the comb straight until they fit (15 mins with the file on my Leatherman on a moving bus).

put a few thin strips of micropore on the lid to seal around the front edge of reed plate and turbolid (hold it up to light and look at it from the front to see if it is sealed). Scrape or cut away excess tape to make sure it does not intefere with the draw reeds. If you care about aesthetics (I don't really), use an  opaque turbolid. In a sample of three women, the black turbolid with a maroon golden melody and brass plates was voted prettiest over a Hering Vintage, Standard GM, Hohner Cross Harp and Special 20 in a clear Turbolid. I pleaded no contest when asked to vote which one of them was prettiest.

My favorite jazz harp in Bb is now turbolid friendly. I believe this will work with Hering Vintage harps as well. there is supposed to be some sort of adaptor for Marine band harps. Seeing as it is a sandwich type harp like the GM and Vintage and lacks the plastic lip on the Special 20 that seals the front of the turbolid, I wonder if anyone has one of these adaptors and whether it seals the front or simply fills in the space between the harp and the back plastic braces in the lid (i just push the harp back out if it gets pushed in during transport and didn't bother building something for that).

Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out.
http://www.windowslive.com/Online/Hotmail/Campaign/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_QA_HM_sports_videos_072009&cat=sports