[Harp-L] Talent Lineup of Jason Ricci's Harmonica Blow OFF in Sacramento, August 11

ÂJason
Ricci asked me to pass the following information on the Blow OFF heâll be
hosting in Sacramento
just before SPAH begins:

Jason's Ricci's 6th Annual pre-SPAH
Harmonica Blow OFF

When: Tuesday Aug.11th at 7:00PM
(Doors open at 6:00 PM)

Where: The Torch Club

904 15th Street, Sacramento , CA

(between I and J Streets), across the street from the Memorial Auditorium.

Cost: Cover
is only $10.00. (With this low price, there are no complimentary passes â and no
exceptions. This event is a labor of love for Jason's favorite players and
SPAH. No-oneâs getting rich here.)

ÂJason
Ricci's Harmonica Blow OFF is an annual event that showcases Jason's harmonica
friends, ranging from lesser known players and up-and-coming stars to
established legends. This event is made possible by the huge variety of
harmonica players who swarm together to celebrate the instrument at the annual
SPAH harmonica convention.

Everyone
is welcome â you donât have to attend SPAH (or know any secret handshakes). But
you do need to get there early -this event usually sells out quickly and the
Torch Club's capacity is only 100!

The
Blow OFF is not just a blues event by any means. We have jazz and folk artists,
and even a sophisticated harmonica trio playing show tune medleys with great
panache! The Blow OFF embodies the SPAH mission of "Preservation and
Advancement of Harmonica," even though it is not formally related to or
sponsored by SPAH.

The
Blow OFF will feature a wide array of styles and harmonica types. Naturally, the blues plays a
strong part. But youâll also hear jazz and folk artists (sometimes accompanied
by violins and tubas), and even a sophisticated harmonica trio playing show
tune medleys with great panache! The Blow OFF embodies the SPAH mission of
"Preservation and Advancement of Harmonica," even though it is not
formally related to or sponsored by SPAH.

The
Blow OFF is Âalso a great party â a relaxed, fun time away from the
convention hotel, hanging loose with all our harmonica friends as a prelude to
a week of wonderful moments at SPAH.

The
Blow OFF schedule of event is structured loosely, to allow for the chemistry
and interplay between the audience and the featured artists â all extremely
talented and very different from one another. Many artists will also have
merchandise for sale to feed your enthusiasm and memories.

With
so many great players, we have to keep each artistâs set short (about 20 minutes).Â
Weâll have many surprise guest and celebrity artists on hand, who may sit at
the sole discretion of individual performing artists booked for the event.
(Please don't ask Jason for someone else's stage time.)

This
schedule is subject to change for both artists and times. Individual

artists should be contacted directly concerning their appearances.

Set 1 (Approx. 7:00 until 8:30PM)

1.) Winslow Yerxa ( San Francisco
 CA )

2.) Chris Michalek ( Phoenix
 AZ )

3.) Christelle Berthon (France/San Francisco CA)

Break (15 Minutes)

Set 2:Â (Approx 8:45-10:45PM)

4,) The Harp Beats ( Indiana
)

5.) Michael Peloquin ( Oakland
 CA )

6.) Cheryl Arena ( Houston TX )

7.) Mark Hummel (40 minute set)

(Break) 15 Minutes

Set 3: (11:10-1:00AM at the latest)

8.) Steve Baker ( England , Germany )

9.) Jason Ricci Â(the cosmos)

Plus Special Surprise Guests (including L.D. Miller, and more...)

The
Torch Club is a living institution of live music in Sacramento dating back to 1934 at the end of
prohibition. Many famous acts have played, and bands have even formed at this
charming location in beautiful downtown Sacramento,
surrounded by fine restaurants, shopping, amazing architecture and other
attractions.

The
Torch Club was voted âBest place to hear the Blues" by the Sacramento

News & Review Readers Choice Awards.

Winslow Yerxa