From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of hashbb@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:23 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Mitch Kashmar Live CD..................

 I will say Kim Wilson is without a doubt my favorite modern old style
player. I would rather listen to him too. I will say I think the whole point
of music and harp playing is being missed here. You need to enjoy a player
for what he does, not because he or she doesn't measure up to another
player. Music is not a competition, and never should be. If you enjoy the
music, great; if not move on to the next thing to for your listening
pleasure. I have known Mitch for many years. He is a great vocalist and harp
player, and I doubt he ever thought of trying to sound or be what Kim Wilson
is. That is not his musical vision. I have the live CD and I like alot of
the playing on it. I also liked Nickels and Dimes.
Crazy Mixed up World I thought the band and arrangements we're weak. THat's
my opinion, but it doesn't make any of this music less great for someone
else.
HB