RE: [Harp-L] RJ

RJ Harman is a great friend of mine who has basically lived with me on and off for the last year.  I teach with him in our own private group settings as well as at Jon Gindick's Harmonica Jam Camps.

  As someone who knows him very well I would like to say he has moved away from the imitation stage more so over the last year and is really finding his own voice.  He does still do covers as we all do but he has quite a few originals out there now he does with his own band.  He does make time to practice a lot and has dragged me along on too many occasions for the sessions :)  He finds the time like we all could if we watched a little less TV or whatever it is we do with our free time between working sleeping and eating.

He lives to play and treats practice and all the other aspects of his musical career like a job and it shows in both his playing and his schedule.  I only wish I could be as motivated as he is.  Check him out if you get the chance.  You won't be disappointed. He will be teaching with me at Gindick's jam Camp in Missisippi in Sept and we are working on something for Augusta next year.  He will have new recorded material available soon.  As soon as he gets back from Augusta he will be going into the studio.

Thanks,
Brian Purdy

http://www.harpgear.com