From: Joshua King <joshuaking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Joe and Cass Leone <leone@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, July 10, 2009 10:21:50 PM
Subject: RE: [Harp-L] This ever happen to travelling harp players?

JFK-NY Airport is no better.  I used to be a flight attendant there.  For
one thing, the AA baggage handlers were stealing stuff in the baggage area.
I think they finally got busted on camera.

Seriously though, some musicians used to be able to purchase an extra seat
at a discounted rate just for the bulky gear.  It was not something that was
advertised but was available at the time if requested.  I don't know if any
airlines still offer that these days.  I saw pros strap in guitars, ampsm a
cello and whatever else they did not want to check.

On one of my flights, a guitar bloodied a guy up when a passenger opened the
overhead bin and it came crashing down.  The musician it belonged to was
more worried about his guitar than other guy's head.

Joy

Josh King

www.joshuaking.net
www.youtube.com/joshuaking1