[Harp-L] Bad Travel Experiences

I took about 8 harps with me on a holiday to the Dominican Republic
20+ years ago. I had them in a cloth holder with slots for the harps
to slide into, side by side. It was in my large suitcase.

Upon arrival in the DR, before leaving the airport, everyone went
through customs, and our bags went through a scanner. The customs
agent saw the image of my harps and became concerned and asked me to
open my suitcase for further inspection.

As I was doing this, apparently, the armed guards in the area were
training their automatic rifles on me. Once the customs agent finally
saw that my harmonica holder was NOT a machine gun belt, he laughed
heartily while pretending to play a harmonica.

He closed my suitcase and I grabbed its handle and pulled it off the
conveyor. It wasn't closed properly and all the contents of the
suitcase sprayed on to the floor, underwear included, for all to see.