RE: [Harp-L] Re: Roll Call for Sacramento

Probably won't make you feel any better, but I'm in the same boat.  Sure, I'm two or three times your age, but not having enough $$$ for something you want is an issue that knows no age limits.  (Someone should write a song about this..."No Money for SPAH Blues".)

That said, having attended my first SPAH last year, if I was evaluating what $1,000 expenditure would have the greatest influence on my development as a harp-playing musician, it's tough to find $1,000 of gear or lessons that would match up with the whole SPAH experience.  Spending a few hours in a blues circle with some of the biggest names in the industry (and I was there on an "off" night when some of the usual "biggest names" weren't even there) is an experience that you just don't get elsewhere...and that's not even officially a part of SPAH.  However, my decision is between spending the money for SPAH or spending the money for college or mortgage or food etc.  (Not to mention the even more expensive cost of a divorce if I took a week of vacation for my hobby.)

I think I'll take a two month hiatus from harp-l...the month leading up to SPAH with all the postings about how awesome it's going to be and the month after with all of the postings about how awesome it was.

Jonathan "JC" Compton