RE: [Harp-L] Ricci and the work

Nicely put and that hour DOES kick butt.

One hour is plenty for me and I am about done after that as well.  I love JP
and Blues Traveler. If I didn't like the music and songs as much as I do I
wouldn't go to the show for just the harp more than once to say I saw it.
JP is a great harp player but more so a great musician. But, too much of the
same run too often and it gets boring no matter who does it.

I like the music from BT and not so much from JR and his crew.  Also, JP DID
expose many, 100,000's of thousands of younger people to the harmonica and
blues of some sort and I don't think the same can be said about Jason...at
least not yet.

Maybe his music is reaching an audience that appreciates, better yet buys
his music but it seems he is still trying to find his audience. It seems
like he is pitching (for lack of a better word) his music to the blues scene
and much isn't blues, but those are the ones that appreciate the instrument
and what he can do with it.  Other than harp enthusiasts who appreciate his
playing for just that and the crowd of blues fans that can handle making the
stretch in appreciating the style of music, who is buying it? Maybe a ton of
sales, who knows but I don't see kids around here listening to it.  I don't
hear my friends in the circles of Phish, WSP, PBS, etc. talking about him or
flocking to the show as they do for the ones just mentioned...Who is he
reaching musically so to say?