[Harp-L] Butterfield 3rd position

Last week I posted something with a comment in it I could have worded better. something about Butterfield being a terrible 3rd position player.
Well I found something on youtube were Paul plays a little 3rd at the end of this song. starts @ 2:15. Pretty cool. Over the 5 chord he never once plays any of the chord tones but I don't think he even knew what that meant.Still sounds good and that's what counts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g-6ZVxl7EE

Couple of bottom lines.
1) when you think of your favorite 3rd position players/songs  you
don't really think of Paul,,,right?
2)when you think of Paul the first thing to cross your mind isn't
man he was a great 3rd position player.
3)what he did on this U-tube clip is really cool. I owe an apology to butter fans
4)I saw him at Winterland ( a lot ) and he was a bad @$$ player.
for the longest time he was my Mohammad Ali of harmonica. When I was a kid (Woodstock) the media exposure was Paul (and Magic Dick). I hadn't heard guys like George H. Smith or Will Clarke.

OH ya,,,Singer harp player ? No not Grant Walters,,,Sugar Ray !!!!
I've heard a lot of his stuff and I would give anything to be able to sing like that cat,,man I totally get his style (singing).Nice traditional harp too.

         Gino
"LICENSE TO SMOKE"
    Keep on smokin
http://www.ginoharmonica.com