RE: [Harp-L] Spher-O-Dyne Model PE 53

Hi Greg and Ron.
Shure had a series of mics called the Professional Entertainer (or PE) series in the late 60s and early 70s. They reintroduced many of their standard models under this banner, including the 533 Spher-O-Dyne, with PE model numbers. This has been a source of consumer confusion ever since. The PE 53 is the Professional Entertainer version of the 533SA (high impedance) Spher-O-Dyne. Exactly the same mic. I have A- B'ed them. There is also the PE53V, which has a volume control. Hope that helps.

Hoping to make it to SPAH! Just waiting for my July royalty check. If it is big enough, I'm going to Sacramento.

Cheers,
Ron Sunshine
Deluxe Vintage Mics
http://www.myspace.com/deluxevintageharpmics