[Harp-L] peg leg sam early in the morning

Have just downloaded this his last album from emusic. For some reason I thought Peg Leg Sam was primarily a guitar player rather than a harmonica player, but he is fantastic, sort of like a cross between Sonny Terry without the sometimes fatiguing hysteria hysteria and Doc Watson (playing harmonica). His version of John Henry stood the hairs up on my neck. Moreover he sings standards like the words really mean something.

Richard

Richard Hammersley
Grantshouse, Scottish Borders
http://www.last.fm/music/Richard+Hammersley