Re: [Harp-L] More Butter...

I don't have the song in front of me but if I remeber correctly I'm Ready on the Fathers and Sons album is played on 2nd position using a G harp (song is in D).
------Original Message------
From: Barry F. Cohen
Sender: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Harp-L] More Butter...
Sent: Jul 9, 2009 11:27

I for one am enjoying this friendly banter - differences of opinion are a good thing, and make for interesting conversation and debate - that's cool!

I don't know about the you-tubes of Butterfield, but listen to Muddy's Fathers & Sons album (ok, cd - I date myself) and if you don't like what Butter's playing I would suggest you either don't love blues, or are looking for some nirvana of harmonica 'perfection' that most of us aren't (or that we simply don't hear)?? Granted I think your original comment was about third position and I don't think there's a ton on that album ('I'm Ready' was in 3rd - maybe some others?)...

PS - I 'get' your humor; now where did I hide that bong from 1975???!

Barry C.

Blues with a Feeling...that's what I've got today

http://www.myspace.com/gracieblues