Subject: [Harp-L] Teeth implants

Implants, if there's no specific reason why the person HAS to have his/her
teeth removed and there's sufficient bone for an implant to hold.

Dentures used to be commonplace...aren't so much anymore, even for older
people except in extreme cases or when the implants are financially
impossible.  If one can afford to save a tooth or have an implant  instead, try.
There's no going back from dentures.  My dad had them at a  fairly young age
(our family being poor and Scottish health care not being  optimum)
...regretted it and was most uncomfortable for the rest of his  life.

Anecdotally..I'd had an upper molar pulled - was forced to wait a  good
year until the bone graft 'took' before the implant could be done  and the
space did affect my playing (pucker embouchure).  Now  I'm having the rest of my
dental work done and already see the improvement  with just a temp cap in
place.  I've had to make minor adjustments while  the work is ongoing.

Elizabeth

"Message: 6
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 12:56:45 -0500
From: michael  rubin <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Teeth  impants
To: _harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx)

Twice in one week!  Remember my dentures student?  I have  another
student who has been playing a while who is either going to  get
implants or dentures.  Harmonica wise, what would you  choose?
Thanks,
Michael  Rubin
Michaelrubinharmonica.com

**************Popular laptop deals plus free shipping!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221917659x1201411421/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Faltfarm.media
plex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F12309%2D81939%2D1629%2D2)