that couldn't position an implant to save their practice.

If the oral surgeon fails, it will fail for the dentist and dental lab as well.

mike

On Jul 8, 2009, at 8:36 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 6
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 19:04:03 -0400
From: Dennis Moriarty <yodennis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Teeth implants
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Dentures and implants are not exclusive. An implant is a largely
permanent piece of composite metals and/or titanium that is drilled
into the bone and as such acts as an artificial root for the tooth/
teeth appliance that is attached to the implant. This fixture/denture
can be permanent (via cement) or removable. Either way the denture is
attached to the implant once the healing/assimilating between the
implant and the bone has been ascertained. There are variations on the
implant procedure and material depending on the intended expenditure
and outcome, i.e., a permanent denture attached to an implant- while
more secure and natural feeling- is more expensive than a removable
denture attached to the implant(s). Dentures per se are far far
cheaper than implants with teeth attached but there is no comparison
in the security obtained with implants. I have had a removable denture
bridge and I have had implants implanted with a permanent bridge
attached. While both required some time getting used to relative to
playing without them the implants were far far far more easier to live
with and after a while you adapt as Donny said. Whomever is having a
harmonica instructor as a resource for their choice though is very
very naive because at the end of the day a terrific dentist with
abundant implant experience will create an appliance that will serve
the patient best relative to playing the harp, chewing their food,
smiling, and longevity. My best.  Dennis (I should have brushed as a
kid) Moriarty
http://www.myspace.com/blowintheblues

\