Re: [Harp-L] Levon Helm and The Rco Allstars/Butter

Anthony Smith wrote:
I went on you tube and looked up some Butterfield and I stand by my previous
comments. I think many of the opinions on this site are based on the
individuals experience of the 1960's! Basically, the free love and drug
mentality had all you old hipsters too high to know any better!
that's a fairly obnoxious, not to mention inaccurate, generalization.
Now it just brings back too many great memories for your ears to be honest
with you...
i suppose those of us who became butterfield fans after the 60's
are just on some kind of musical contact high?
Seriously, Point me to a great you tube video of him cause I wasn't
impressed with what I found.

while you're at it, point me at a good youtube video of little walter. believe it or not, one's youtube presence is not the accepted standard of musical ability.

you might listen to the "butterfield live" album.  that's pretty well
understood to be the classic one.