[Harp-L] Minor tuned harp

From: Tom Halchak <thalchak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Lee Oskar Minor Tuned Harp
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

I just received a Lee Oskar minor tuned harp in the mail yesterday.  It's a Dm.  I didn't know what to expect, but I couldn't wait to play it.  I am admittedly not very strong (yet) in my music theory.  What a unique and beautiful sound it makes!  Just running up and down the holes produces the equivalent of what would be a very complex riff on a major tuned diatonic.  I have only had it for about 12 hours and have only been able to play it for a half hour or so and have already found three songs that really fit on the minor tuning.

Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone
Summertime
When Johnnie Comes Marching Home Again

War(with Lee Oscar) did some easy melodies to follow like:
Cisco Kid (was a friend of mine)
Slippin into Darkness
The World is a ghetto
also moon dance is easy on a minor tune,Ellenor Rigby,Work Song,song for my father,autum leaves ?(all of these in 2nd ya)I like special 20 minor tunes better, but I use 2 oscars that gapping helped a lot.
Have fun

         Gino
"LICENSE TO SMOKE"
    Keep on smokin