Re: [Harp-L] Jazz chromatic books

I second pretty much everything that's been said on the subject, but I'll
add this - I think a really valuable way (possibly the most valuable way?)
to learn jazz is to transcribe jazz recordings.  I mean to exactly copy (as
much as is possible on our instrument) the melodies and solos of great jazz
artists on your harmonica. You get everything - the notes, phrases, sound,
time feel of those great recordings.

We do this with blues to get the sound of it into our playing, so why not
with jazz?   Since there still aren't very many jazz harmonica player
recordings about, we also can copy other instrumentalists.  Theory helps
here too, knowing what you're playing and why.

I know I'd be a better player by now if I'd done this sooner :-)

Eugene
http://www.myspace.com/eugeneryan