Re: [Harp-L] Paul Butterfield, interesting options...

Steve,

Condolences, I'm sure your dad heard it and was smiling happy tears of joy as he is now at Peace.

I too played 'Amazing Grace' at my younger brother's Funeral a few years back and it was the HARDEST performance of my life....I dedicated the song "Border Song (Holy Moses)" to him on my CD....."He's my brother, let him live in Peace....."

When I teach, and my students who aren't familiar with Paul Butterfield, I have them buy BETTER DAYS then we'd break down each song. It truly is a study in SOLO and PARTS playing. No 'Flash' just "Bread & Butter",-)

Love & Peace,
Rob Paparozzi

----- Original Message ----- From: "steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <swebb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Paul Butterfield, interesting options...

I have not yet found an album that approaches Better Days, Butterfield's best. I bought it way back then, now have it on CD. I have listened to this album regularly for probably 30 years and I never get tired of it. That one lick on Done a Lot of Wrong Things still makes me marvel at that powerful vibrato. And the Mayfield song "Please Send Me Someone to Love" is my favorite.
Like Rob says, you just don't get records like this anymore.

Steve Webb in Minnesota, where I played Amazing Grace yesterday at the gravesite when we buried my father. If I got through that, I can get through any kind of musical challenge.