[Harp-L] RE: Butterfield

Yeah!Like Rob Paparozzi said, im my opinion too,him and Charlie Musselwhite are the ones that are/was keeping the torch of blues harp,along with others like Paul Delay  for example....there are awesome harp players that play their ass off,but nothing really new....you almost can tell where every phrase or lick comes from,but this guys.......they have their own style....and for me thats the most important thing in music!

I really agree with the saying "different strokes for different folks"thats what make music interesting.And i understand the people who dont like him,but you have to also give him credit for putting the harp in the rock-pop scene,and turning lots of people into harp playing,just like John Mayall did with Room to Move.....

 And for me its like Albert Collins,you hear just one note and you knew it was him!this guys too.....

About his 3d position playing,well,its about tastes,but anyway Butterfield played most of the minor blues in 2nd,and i  really love that.

I think Sonny Terry didnt play in 3d psotion(maybe im wrong)and he is a legend in harp!!!!

About that he didnt play along the lines of the horns sections,well,for me that make it really interesting,his son "number 9"in his Live album,its for me just simply great how the harp blends with the horns, without playing the same lines......by the way .....what a helluva horn section he had!!!!!!

And his vibrato..........

ha ah aha ,im just a die hard fan of him!!!!!

los reyes del KO
marcos coll
reichenbergerstr. 59
10999 berlin
phone: oo49 30 61076946
mobil:  0049 1635256950
www.losreyesdelko.com
www.myspace.com/reyesdelko

Chatea sin límites en Messenger con la tarifa plana de Orange
http://serviciosmoviles.es.msn.com/messenger/orange.aspx